Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

Mirror, Mirror . . . oh how I loathe thee . . .

Posted by Anonymous at 3/06/2007 08:57:00 PM
So, I don't like photos of myself and I do steer clear of mirrors most of the time - so double whammy for me this week. I have terrible lighting in my bedroom (halogen floor lamp only) so this picture has a great yellowish brown tint to it and I really don't have a good enough editing program to make it look right, so it is what it is. I hopefully cropped out most of the mess of clothes. I didn't take any other photos other than this (took a few shots to get one that was OK other than lighting). I was getting ready for church and it's always a difficult time to decide what to wear, for me anyway! So, I tried on this blue linen skirt that I haven't worn in a LONG time because it's been too small. I wasn't sure that I'd even fit in it, but lo & behold, I did. So, thus I wanted to keep my mirror shot in this skirt, which was always one of my favs. In this pic, I hadn't done anything with my hair yet, which luckily the shot doesn't show! What I absolutely LOVE about myself (just kidding, that was my sarcastic voice) is the fact that I used to think I was "fat" or not as cute as my friends or whatever back in HS & college. Well, well, well . . . If I would have known then what I know now about my appearance, I would have been living it up then. I used have people tell me nice compliments (we'll just leave it at that!) and I wouldn't believe them. My loving husband still tells me nice compliments and I don't really believe it now after two darling children have destroyed what was good about my bod! He loves me anyway and some places we go, we see other people and realize we could be worse! I am grateful for him and his abililty to love me no matter what!!! I look back at pics and I like what I see and regret not realizing that it wasn't bad then. Current photos I think are great fire starters! I really don't take time for make-up most days or hair dos. I would like for Carmendy from TLC's What Not to Wear come do my make-up for me. I am still looking for that miracle fash wash . . .shouldn't people at 30 stop having issues with pimples? I thought so!!! I do like my eyes, they're pretty big - so everyone says and sometimes I realize they are. They're normal to me. They are green, which I like; I don't see a lot of other greeny eyed people, so I feel unique that way. So, one day when I am feeling good and can find a pic with just the right angle, lighting and look on my face, MAYBE I will post it. Until then, just this . . .

I posted before I went to read others so I wouldn't be as embarrassed at my terrible lighted pic. I probably wouldn't have done it after seeing everyone else's. I did peek at my sis-in-law Susan's - love the quotes on the mirrors!!! Susan also painted the B attitudes on her bathroom walls - it's so cute - check it out here.
Labels: self portrait Tuesdays

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love this photo - the mirror, the lighting, the skirt! thanks for sharing so much with this difficult challenge.

7:13 AM, March 07, 2007
Leslie said...

First - I think you are fabulous and beautiful. But I know what you mean about looking in the mirror these days now that 30 is here (31 for me-yuck!). However I think we should tell ourselves that we are just 30 times more amazing than we started out with and we'll just keep getting better with each year!

12:21 PM, March 10, 2007

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ►  2011 (33)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ►  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ►  March (9)
      • ►  February (9)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ▼  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  April (5)
      • ▼  March (6)
        • The Ultimate Sign of SPRING!!
        • Our little photographer . . .
        • Self Portrait Tuesday Challenge
        • Talk about GOOD mail . . .
        • Self Portrait Tuesday on Wednesday & more
        • Mirror, Mirror . . . oh how I loathe thee . . .
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top