Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

Need MORE time, people!

Posted by tina at 1/19/2013 08:51:00 PM
 
Stuff takes time.  Sometimes too much time, leaving no time for other stuff.  I have a lot of stuff.  Who doesn't have a lot of stuff?  I would like to know so I could share some of my stuff.  I am not sure where people find time to do some of the stuff they do.  I, personally, need/like/want sleep.  So, therefore, I choose sleep over doing some of the stuff.
 
So, on top of the normal stuff that is supposed to be getting done around here, my new-found addiction to Pinterest in piling up other stuff that wants to get done.  Yes, the stuff on Pinterest wants to get done at my house. :-)  It told me, the stuff did.  It's very excited about coming to my house.  It finds my house a little on the boring, un-finished side of the spectrum and therefore is just trying to help.  It said, "you haven't had window treatments on your front room for at least 4 years, for heaven's sake!"  It also asked, "Why haven't you done that cool decoration for your dining room that you've talked about for at least 4 years, for heaven's sake?  And why haven't you ditched the ugly, army green, non-matching bed skirt that doesn't stay on the bed correctly for at least the last 4 years, for heaven's sake?"
 
I really haven't been able to figure out where to start with some of the stuff from Pinterest.  It's quite a debockle, really.  So, after returning from Las Vegas this week with three new scarves, which is after my lovely niece Sunny Lynn gave me three or four more scarves, I am now the proud owner of . . . oh, maybe like 7 scarves.  I kind of didn't know how to store them, but luckily for me, I have an addiction to Pinterest and I found a great solution on there.  I didn't even have to go buy anything.  I pulled out a hanger from the closet.  I dug out some unopened, new shower curtain rings from the boys bathroom that have probably been in there for at least the last 4 years.  I used a glue gun - that stuff is super hot when it comes out, by the way, and voila!  I made a scarf holder-thing-a-ma-jig.  The glue didn't hold like I thought it would, which is likely why the Pinner I borrowed the idea from used tape.  I reinforced with some Gorilla tape; it's good.  Luckily, I am not worried about aesthetics on this masterpiece.
So, there you have it.  I completed a project.  Yea me!  Oh, but don't get too excited as I do have a couple of unfinished Christmas projects laying around.  I did finish one of those today too, but I have a couple more that I had planned on doing . . . maybe tomorrow. 

There's some other stuff that needs to get done as well - you know that stuff that gets you organized for a week of school/work/ball practices/etc.  Yep, that's the stuff.  I realize that most of the world has Monday off for holiday, but I do not.  So, I will be doing some organizing/cleaning/prepping stuff tomorrow.   There's also that pesky task of taking down the rest of the Christmas decorations - luckily we didn't put that much up and we took down the tree the day after Christmas or sometime real soon because it was dried out.  I just need to stuff the village houses back into their cozy boxes and get the stuff off the mantel into the attic.  Sounds easy, I know.  I need to get the stuff organized for taxes.  It's about that time of year.   I hope it's still good news this year.  I have that dreaded unpacking stuff to do as well - which means laundry . . . ugh.   Always laundry stuff to do - I have not yet embraced that in my life. 

Speaking of unpacking, we did some fun stuff in Las Vegas this week.  Grandpa Livingston stayed with the boys.  I am sure he returned home Friday and took a LOOOOONG nap.  He's a trooper.  The boys enjoyed having their grandpa here for the week.  Anyway, back to the fun stuff.  We went to two Cirque Du Soleil shows - Zarkana and Kà.  We got a "locals" deal on of them and the other got at the discount ticket place.  They were still a little on the spendy side as far as entertainment goes when you are from hickville, but I think it was worth it.  Google them - watch the trailers.  It's amazing.  They are so awesome, you can't really describe them.  I liked Zarkana better - the acrobatics were insane - but maybe we were just too tired the next night too.  At any rate - it was some cool stuff.  We did find out that Blue Man Group changed up their show and so we might have to hit that one next year. :-)

Well, I might have emptied enough stuff out of my head for the night.  Might . . .

1 comment:

Khea said...

I love your scarf holder. I may need to make one of those so my scarves aren't in a pile on the ground. lol I LOVE pinterest and like to try all the little crafty things. I found you on pinterest so I can stalk your pinterest posts! LOVE YOU! MISS YOU!!!

1:05 PM, January 21, 2013

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ▼  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ▼  January (3)
        • Need MORE time, people!
        • Might need some serious help
        • It's all about starting over.
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ►  2011 (33)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ►  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ►  March (9)
      • ►  February (9)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ►  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  April (5)
      • ►  March (6)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top