Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

It's all about starting over.

Posted by tina at 1/04/2013 10:35:00 AM
 
There is a little rebel in me at times and I really just go against the grain, especially when it comes to New Year's Resolutions.  They are so cliché and it kind of bugs me. But, nonetheless, I do kind of need them . . . just about once a month.  So, I try not to get discouraged and I try not to get too gung ho all at one time.  We are always starting over with something.
 
I like to think we have a routine, but there's always a hurdle or speed bump.  So, I guess we should just work that into the routine and not let it really derail us.  Why don't we do that?  Rhetorical question, you don't have to answer me. 
 
So, as we start the new year, it's time to start over again and get back on track.  My kids despise when I say those words.  "Back on track" cuts into their video game playing time.  I have a love/hate relationship with video games.  I love that they can entertain themselves for hours on end . . . until I need something; then there's lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth.  In reality, I just want them to go to bed on time, eat meals at regular intervals at the table (not in front of the TV) and a few other things, as well.  I don't think that's too much to ask.
 
The holidays were a whirlwind and a little out of the ordinary this year.  I think we are all still trying to recover and it may take a while. Maybe I just need to document for the sake of documenting.  I don't really know how to describe it all, but it's been exhausting.  We travelled to see my grandparents one weekend.  Paden almost didn't survive without Internet and Netflix; luckily we only stayed two nights. :)  It was nice to see them - probably need to do that more often.  The boys didn't have school that next week, but I did go to work.  The next weekend (12/21), we loaded up the bag that hadn't been unpacked from the weekend before and headed up to my in-law's house, just for the weekend, as we wanted to be home on Christmas. We arrived and no one was home.  My mother-in-law was in the hospital.  She's been in/out several times in the last several months.  Her health had been declining over the last year and pretty rapidly the last few months.  We came home Christmas Eve; she was still hospitalized.  Long story short, she passed away on Christmas night.  I know some people believe that it's awful timing.  It might be, but I am thankful for that gift.  The gift that she is free from pain and suffering; free from medicines & doctors.  I am thankful for the time I knew her on this earth and I am thankful for her raising an awesome family.  It's going to be weird taking the kids to see their grandpa and not having their grandma sitting in the chair watching BYU or Gonzaga sports or HGTV.  It's an adjustment . . . I think that we were only partially prepared for the last several months.  But, there is no reason for anyone to "be sorry for our loss" as we don't feel we've really lost anything.  I guess I am sorry for those who don't believe in Heaven, the resurrection or eternal life.  We are good.  We are adjusting, but we are good.  2012 will be memorable.
 
So, we are starting over.  A new year, new adventures, new habits, new whatever. I am sure there's some things that could stand to be started over . . .  Paden has already started his Christmas Wish List for 2013.  Dang kid - can't barely recover from one Christmas before he's starting over preparing for the next one. 
 

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I was so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law passing. But I know what you mean about sometimes it is a gift when loved ones are released from their pain and suffering. And what a blessing it is to have the gospel and know we will see them again one day.

10:32 PM, January 04, 2013

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ▼  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ▼  January (3)
        • Need MORE time, people!
        • Might need some serious help
        • It's all about starting over.
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ►  2011 (33)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ►  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ►  March (9)
      • ►  February (9)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ►  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  April (5)
      • ►  March (6)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top