Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

A rare occasion

Posted by tina at 6/14/2012 07:38:00 PM

It is no secret that Paden hasn't totally enjoyed having a little brother.  He once did say that he didn't want Fischer to die, he just didn't want him to be bugging him (that was over a year or so ago).  Lately, Gunnar has been watching more TV shows that adults would watch - Swamp People, American Pickers, Myth Busters, etc.  So, the littler boys aren't really in those shows and we have found them together a little more often.

Sunday afternoon's traditional lunch for the boys is Mac & Cheese.  As soon as we get home from Church, they zoom out of their church clothes into lay-around-the-house casual clothes and wait, sometimes patiently, for their Mac & Cheese.  So, this past Sunday was finally a nice day after the week started off with monsoons.

I found this . . . not a great picture taken through our kitchen window screen.  I was trying to be sneaky.
Yes, Paden is wearing a robe and pajama pants.
Two little boys eating lunch together on the trampoline . . . how sweet.  :)

At the moment they are downstairs with their smoothies and popcorn - I think Paden is playing a game on the X-box Kinect and Fischer is watching cartoons - split screen style.  They aren't fighting, so I am not disturbing them!

Fischer is getting to be quite a mouthy little boy.  He can scream and yell and make great grumpy faces when he's not happy.  It's kind of hard not to laugh at him when he does.  He's super cute.

Paden had swim lessons this week.  He had a good time.  Gunnar opted out of swim lessons and had Cub Scout Day Camp this week, Wed, Thursday and Friday (tomorrow).  He's had a good time, even though he doesn't really enjoy riding over with a couple of the boys.

Fun stuff.  I on the other hand had the chance to run into JoAnn's Fabrics and Crafts and pick up some summer paper on sale - curse you JoAnn's, always the card stock packs I love on sale!  I really only went in for some paper for a project for Employee Appreciation for Father's Day at work tomorrow.  But, I couldn't pass up these summer card stock packs.  I suppose I should get some scrappin' done!

I also decided that I am going to make a denim quilt.  Instead of throwing out or giving to goodwill some old denim stuff lately, I have saved it for a quilt.  I think I have decided how my pattern will be.  I am going to do 5 inch square blocks made of three rectangle blocks of different sizes.  Wish me luck.  I am really not that great of a sewer.

Well, I am tired.  Maybe this blog post doesn't really detail all of the reasons why I am tired, but I am.  It's been kind of a busy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ▼  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ▼  June (3)
        • Dang Burn It!
        • A rare occasion
        • I almost couldn't make it!
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ►  2011 (33)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ►  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ►  March (9)
      • ►  February (9)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ►  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  April (5)
      • ►  March (6)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top