Dang Burn It!
Posted by
tina
at
6/17/2012 05:34:00 PM
Can a food allergy get worse the more you think about it? It's it mental? Some remedies mentioned on the internet for food allergies involve hypnosis. Hmmm . . .
There are certain vegetables I like to eat fresh and when I do so, it makes my tongue and throat itch. Usually, not a huge bother. Sugar Snap Peas are so good and I think they are the culprit. We had a potluck on Friday to which I brought the veggie tray with my new found love of onion dip made with dry onion soup mix. So, I proceeded to eat yummy broccoli snap peas, carrots and mini tomatoes (they weren't cherry or grape, but smalll-ish size I found at Costco). Of course, my tongue and throat start itching and I've never really known exactly what causes it. You know it could be something in the dip or could be the veggies - pretty sure it was the veggies since I've never had issues with ranch, mayo or sour cream in other situations. At any rate, it causes my taste buds to swell and usually is tolerable. I just ate some cheese and crackers and called it good.
So, I was craving some more onion dip and snap peas! Yeah, it's the peas. I also read about allergies to peas and there is something common in peas, carrots and apples, among other things, which all seem to cause itchy tongue and throat for me. Makes sense.
Today, my tongue actually swelled a bit on one side, along with itchy throat and ears, but on the inside, which you can't really scratch. My scalp was itching. I might have touched my eye with my finger, so my eye itched and was watering. so, yeah . . . I am wondering if I am going to have to stop eating snap peas. I don't want to. That's very sad. I really like snap peas.
I also read that there really isn't anything you can take prior to eating a food to stop the allergic reaction. If that is not true and you know of something, please feel free to share. What I am going to do with the rest of the large bag (Cash & Carry size) of peas!??? Grrrrrr . . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
© Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
brought to you by Smashing Magazine
No comments:
Post a Comment