Do spiders move into other webs that are left vacant? While sitting here trying to decide what to title this post, I noticed a couple of webs in the corner of the room. With the weather getting cold and all, I am thinking I should destroy the vacant spider hotel rooms before some other spider decides he or she is moving in for the winter. Neil vacuumed up two small spiders and webs from our bedroom a short while ago. The first year we lived in our current house, I don't recall getting a lot of bugs of any sort in the house. Granted, that was a long time ago and I can't remember what happened an hour ago, but still. So, we realized that the previous homeowner had lots of chemicals for destroying bugs in the shed. We haven't sprayed the perimeter of the house, but I know the previous guy did and I am thinking it's a good idea. I think I thought that before, but really never put that thought into an action plan. Maybe it's time. I finally killed the friendly kitchen spider. He was out of his neighborhood. He was living in the cactus in the kitchen window and he wasn't bothering me there. The other day, I found him on the wall near the microwave and light switch. That was his last day on earth. I just can't have spiders roaming the walls where they don't need to be. The kitchen spider was white and fairly good sized. His web on the cactus made a good trap for fruit flies one day. I hope we don't have another fruit fly problem because now I am without kitchen spider. Darn him. Why did he leave his "hood"?
Anyway . . .
So, after a little bit of a rocky start to school, Gunnar is doing better. His reading teacher complimented him yesterday for focusing and working hard. We've always known he is plenty intelligent enough, it's just an issue of motivation, focus and attitude with him. I think he got a good report last week from his homeroom teacher too. So, it's progress. Contacts are still going well. It's been one month today and he still is willing to put them in. Contact solution, the right one, makes a big difference. I bought the wrong one and that was not a good week! We have new solution and he's a whole new kid, well, ok . . . he's still the same, but doesn't stinging eyeballs.
Speaking of eyeballs, mine have been watering all day today and it's really driving me CRAZY. So much watering that the corners of my eyes are starting to feel raw due to all the wiping of water from the corner of my eye. And they are now puffy and tired and . . . ugh.
Fischer has been kind of gunk-y, cough-y, snot-y lately too. You can kind of tell he doesn't feel the greatest, he cries about almost anything. Hope he gets over that soon. He's usually a happy boy.
Well, folks, my watering, stinging, tired eyes can't hack it anymore. Hasta luego, amigos.
Spider Hotel Vacancies
Posted by
tina
at
9/27/2011 09:02:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
© Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
brought to you by Smashing Magazine
3 comments:
Spider hotel vacancies.... that's hiliarious! Hope you don't get any renters! ;)
Lol! Only you Tina would allow a spider to live in your house...because it is minding its own buisness on the cactus! I miss you!
Ugh! Tina, your post just reminded me of all the masses of spiders crawling around my house.
Post a Comment