Dear Aunt Cathy,
Although I run the risk of bringing tears to the eyes of the few readers of this blog, I just wanted to write to say that I am thinking of you. I just had nothing better to do than to look through the boys' scrapbooks. When I am bored and don't feel like cleaning, I sit and look at the pictures. The last picture we have of you is from Paden's baby blessing day on Easter Sunday 2005. What I journal for that page was how lucky we are to have such a large family that gathers together for special events. Paden was especially lucky to have you there, as you passed on only one month later.
At the boys' elementary school, they only attend Monday through Thursday. Unless there is a holiday Monday, then they go on Friday - which is Freaky Friday. They always do something special for Freaky Friday. The first Freaky Friday this year was the week of Labor Day. It was crazy hat day. Paden wore a fleece, colorful joker hat made by you. It was his choice; he's a pretty funny kid. I said that it would make you smile for him to wear it. He said, "I thought Aunt Cathy died." I said that you were watching him from Heaven and were definitely laughing with him and his crazy hat. Yeah, I forgot to take pictures, so I guess the only ones who got to see were me and you. ;-)
I know you can see your family from above, but they really are doing well. Milo still smiles a lot and laughs that bellowing belly laugh that we love. The girls are getting so grown up. Hank in college??!! Wow. The older boys are on their own and seem to be enjoying themselves. It's amazing to see everyone grow up and become independent. I know they learned so many great qualities from you.
You probably already know this too, but Neil has perfected the "dead sister BBQ sauce" (sorry to anyone who might not like that name). The recipe that you had for your ribs is the best BBQ sauce we've ever had. Neil makes a mean brisket and sauce. So, we get to think of you every so often when we make it. Some people really look at Neil funny when he tells them about the sauce and we usually have to reassure folks that you would be/are laughing at the name - that your sense of humor is good!
The last couple of Relief Society lessons have been interesting, maybe that's sparked my thoughts lately. Last week was about life after death and today was about the gathering of the House of Israel, then we sang the song "Til We Meet". I am so thankful for knowledge of life after death and for eternal families. That doesn't mean that we all don't get a little emotional sometimes because we miss seeing you here on earth. Like today . . .
Well, I have to get up early for a bake sale at work - oops forgot to make the rice krispie treats. Hmmm . . . luckily I bought 20 dozen cookies and two cakes from the prison bakery!
We love you Cathy and will always keep you in our hearts . . . until we meet again . . .
Joker Hat
Posted by
tina
at
9/18/2011 09:06:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
© Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
brought to you by Smashing Magazine
1 comment:
Yes, tears....
Until we meet again.
Post a Comment