Thank you, thank you, thank you to my sister-in-law Susan and my niece Tessa for inviting Gunnar and Paden to their house for a few days. Neil dropped them off this morning. We just have Fischer at home. This is strange. It was a very quiet, slow-paced, no-nonsense kind of evening. Fischer and I played ball (football and baseball with a tennis ball), made brownies and we played Wii.
While playing Wii Sports Resort, Fischer was requesting different Mii characters. We used Scooby to play table tennis and bowling. Then he wanted to play a new sport, I think Archery (which he calls bowfishing). He wanted to change the Mii character, so he starts saying "big booger, big booger". Sure enough, we move the cursor over a funny looking Mii with big glasses and a big nose and his name is Big Booger. Neil and I were laughing so hard. I didn't know we had a Mii named Big Booger to begin with, but it was soooooo funny that Fischer knew and requested him. We asked him who made Big Booger, he blamed it on Padey. :-)
Fischer is just a funny little kid. I wish we had the video camera on him tonight. He was talking non-stop. He was laughing, he was playing, he was jumping and celebrating.
But, still . . . it was really strange not having my other boys here. What did we do when we only had one kid? What did I do with my time? I felt like I had so much extra time tonight, which I chose to use to RELAX and do not much of anything. That is the strange part. We weren't rushing to get dinner done. I didn't have Paden asking if we could play a board game or go for a bike ride at 7:30pm. I didn't have Gunnar yelling at Paden for who knows what reason. I didn't have baths, I didn't have to argue with someone to feed the dog. I just hung out. Nice. I do miss the boys though and I hope that they do well hanging out with Tessa (and everyone else). Paden is a little bit of a worrier when it comes to sleepovers - or sleeping in general. He sometimes still wants me to lay with him before bed. Sometimes he still crawls into snuggle with me in the mornings. He ususally doesn't sleep in past 5am when we stay at Grandpa's house, so I hope that he sleeps more than than. He and Gunnar get a little cranky when they don't get sleep, even though they won't admit it. And just maybe Aunt Susan wanted to be warned of all these oddities BEFORE she agreed to take these yay-hoos in her home three hours away! I think my boys ususally behave better for others than they do for me, so I am told. I hope those people weren't lying to me!
So, I suppose that I should get some housework done because without the boys, it would actually stay clean. Hmmm, let me think about that. Yeah, not going to happen tonight. Althougth I am hosting a soccer board meeting at my house tomorrow, but I can do enough tidying before that starts to make it presentable. We're good.
Miss you boys, see you Saturday morning!
1 comment:
Tina!
The boys are doing great! After a small treadmill incident, in which Paden now has a couple of skinned knees, we are all good. Paden slept all night, and Tess and Gunnar tried to stay up all night. But when I got done voting, at midnight, I shut off all of their electronics also, and we all went to bed.
No worries! We are having a fabulous time and I'm enjoying them immensely!
Susan
P.S. Hope you enjoy yourself again tonight!
Post a Comment