So, we've been pretty busy, yet some days are LAZY - kind of like today. I go back to work on Monday - ugh. Not to excited about that. I have enjoyed not thinking about work. My only hope is that maybe our schedule will regulate itself by my working - life is so random right now. I kind of wish the baby was born at the end of June, so I could have spent the whole summer at home with the boys - planning didn't quite go as planned in that area. Oh well, it is what it is.
We celebrated Independence Day in our little town. For a small town, there is quite a lot going on during the summer here; it's quite impressive to me. There's movies in the park on Friday nights, Music in the park on Monday nights, movies at the Library on Fridays, Story time on Fridays (with our favorite storyteller, of course, even though we don't make it story time very often), a day camp for the kids in the mornings, swimming lessons, and there's a lot going on for the 4th of July. There's a breakfast in the morning put on by the Boy Scouts, which is yummy. There's a walk/run (don't know much about that!) in the morning. There's a parade, in which the boys got to ride. There's a talent show and live music in the afternoon/evening before the fireworks at night. It was SOOOO hot that day - like 100 at least. Paden was NOT enjoying the parade - too hot for him. He's such a fair weather cat - his ideal temperature range is 70 to 75 degrees. He doesn't like too cold or too hot. The boys didn't go to Funtastic Kids on the day that they made tie dye shirts for the parade (we think they did them when Paden had his surgery). So, Gunnar had an idea to take three of his old shirts and cut them and sew them together to made a red, white and blue shirt. So, I made those shirts for the boys before we went out for the day. For a quick job with an inexperienced seamstress I think they turned out just fine. Paden's colors were out of order so I didn't have to cut another shirt, he wanted it that way, luckily.
Speaking of Paden . . . he had his adenoids removed on June 30th. All went well. The doctor said that his airway should be about 10 times bigger with those out of the way. Poor Padey Boy, I feel bad that we didn't have it done a year ago. I've had a hunch for about a year and 1/2 or more that he needed them out. He doesn't sound so nasally when he talks and he shouldn't be as susceptible to sinus infections like he has been. He's pretty quiet when he sleeps, which was kind of scary the first couple of days because we couldn't hear him breathe at night. He did fantastic through the whole ordeal. He definitely did not like the way that he felt from the Anesthesia. He was saying some funny things. He did not want to go back for his post-op check up because he was scared he'd have to feel that way again. He told me that morning that I was not going to get him into that van - no way! He did not like the way he "couldn't control his mind" - his words. He's doing great now though.
On July 5th, we blessed Fischer at church. Many of our family members were able to come and it was fabulous that they could make it. I have some pictures of the family on another camera that will get emailed to me, but Susan posted one on her blog. I did take some snap shots of some folks at our house after we ate. I will post some pictures of Fischer in his little outfit too - he'll get another post dedicated to him and his cuteness.
Baby Chase, who isn't a baby anymore; he'll be two next month!
Sunny and Cassidy
Bradley
Katie and Uncle Milo
Paden and Aunt Ann
Katie and Ali
We just got back on Monday from a weekend adventure. I think I will have to make a new post. I should go get dressed! Yep, it's 11:40am and I haven't gotten dressed yet. I know as soon as I go to do that, Fischer will wake up starving! That's how we roll. I hear him now waking up, actually. Until next time . . .
3 comments:
Tina, those shirts are so cute! Truly, I love how you did them.
You always amaze me at how much fun you stack in a month...and with a new baby no less.
Good luck going back to work. I dread it for you.
hey!!!!
i miss you guys so much!!!!
i want to take the day off for gunners birthday party so what day is that??
im going to have to take the boys to the pool down there. i heard some really interesting storys!!!
Good luck on the return to work. :)
Post a Comment