Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

Just Venting

Posted by tina at 3/16/2009 09:55:00 PM
I just need to vent for a moment, so sorry to anyone who might find reading this blog somewhat enjoyable.

This afternoon, Gunnar had an eye appointment. It's a follow-up to his appt back in November where we found that he needed glasses. We were supposed to go back in about a month from when he got his glasses (sometime in January). Well, we didn't really like the place we went before and decided to switch. So, we finally get him an appointment for today. Sounds pretty normal thus far.

So, I planned to leave work about 2:40pm to get Gunnar from school and get to Hermiston by 3:20pm. Of course, two people stop me on my out of the plant. Then, just as I backed out of my space, someone else backed into my car, denting the passenger rear door. So, irritated!! As if the 2 inch dirt layer isn't enough to make the car enticing enough to buy! We just put a for sale sign in it one week ago! We really need to sell the car and even though we need to wash it make it look pretty, we thought there's no harm in driving it around with a sign in it. So, yes, now there's a dent in the door that needs to be fixed. It wasn't my fault, luckily, but it did put me a few extra minutes behind. I didn't have time to exchange insurance information, but it's a supervisor and he'll be there tomorrow.

So, I get to the school to get Gunnar and it's not about 10 minutes later than I wanted/needed it to be. We could have made it one time, but I forgot that I needed gasoline. I am thinking I would have ran out of gas had I not gotten some. So, after I had already gotten onto the freeway, I had to get off at the exit 1 mile up the road and back track to the gas station.

We got to the eye doctor's office like 10 or 15 minutes late, I don't really know. So, they say that they are going to have to reschedule. At this point, I almost starting crying - seriously. So, I did get a little upset and explained that I had just busted A%$ (yep, said it!) to get here after I had my car run into in the parking lot on the way there. I didn't go into the forgetting gas part - figured dented car was enough. I don't live in town, it's not that convenient for me to pull my son out of school to get there. The next available appt was April 23rd! Fridays are good days for appts, but the next Friday was May 8th. So, they did check with the doctor again after I had a little freak out and said I could wait for them to work us in. So, I decided to wait. I was supposed to be back to our town for a PTO meeting at 6pm, of which I am the most un-enthusiastic, un-motivated, un-dedicated president.

So, we didn't have to wait too, too long. We had Gunnar's eyes checked and apparently his prescription that he got in November isn't strong enough. We have to put drops in his good eye to make his right eye work harder and his new lenses will have the good eye side smudged (blurred with clear finger nail polish) so that the right eye will work harder too. He does have a "lazy" eye, I suppose. He had a big fancy doctor term for it. He didn't say, as we were told by the previous eye doctor, that his eye could be corrected permanently. It didn't sound like it wouldn't correct itself, but it sounded slightly worse than they told us at the other place. This doctor said that he was disappointed in the prescription he got before. He also said that maybe in a couple of years, Gunnar could be in contacts (well, just really needs one side). So, we'll see. We got the stronger prescription lenses on order and will have him checked after two months.

We got his frames adjusted (straighted back out) and changed out the nose pads to hopefully make his glasses more comfortable. He doesn't like wearing them and lately I've had to be after him to remind him to keep them on his face. The doctor also "prescribed" reading every night and video games (computer or other) also, so that he works his eyes up close. Gunnar was very excited that he has a great excuse to be on the computer. I think we don't need to add time to what he and his brother already spend playing games. Reading, we can add some time. Sometimes his books he reads for school are pretty quick.

So, then after the eye doctor, it was close to 5pm before we got out of there I think, we had to go get this prescription. Because I wanted to get another small spool of ribbon and look at fabric, I decided on Wal*Mart. So, they took the prescription and said, great that will be an hour and a half! I politely stated that I didn't plant on spending an hour and a half in this store. She said to check back in 45 minutes. So, we go wander around, looked at toys, fabric, ribbon, groceries, make-up and then went to check out. We went to eat at Subway where the nice young (AKA dumb blond HS looking clerk) over charged me and said afterwards that she didn't know how to work the computer well. So, I politely said that she had overcharged me $2.50 cents so she should figure out a way to refund it to me. She gave me the money out of the till (I paid with debit card) and didn't make a note anywhere on the receipt, so I do feel bad for whomever has to balance the till at the end of the day (maybe they don't pay that close of attention). We ate. Gunnar is a great eater - ate his whole meal, sandwich, apples and orange juice! He's my healthy eater - was so excited to eat at Subway. He then declared that he wasn't going to eat sugar anymore because it sticks to your teeth and is bad for them. So, that was interesting. He doesn't eat a bunch of candy anyway, usually refuses. However, every where else we went he begged for a Hershey's chocolate bar. I didn't think to tell him the sugar content, just keep denying his request because I wanted an ice cream cone and I knew he'd want one too when we got there.

The prescription pick up line was long and slow, of course. The eye drops we got are in the the smallest bottle I've seen! It's only 5 ml. Seriously, there's no samples of that stuff laying around the doctor's office? We had a couple other places to stop too. So, I didn't make it back for the PTO meeting. Oh well. Let's not get started on that subject. I am in need of getting to bed now, so no time to start my rant on the PTO and my stupidness in agreeing to be on it!

3 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh man, what a bummer day, Tina. Good thing it will never come back again...at least that's what I tell myself when I've had a bad one.

6:10 AM, March 17, 2009
Anonymous said...

Oh, Tina... How I miss your spunk! I know it was a bad day, but totally brought back some memories of you. Sorry, but I giggled a little! Mostly because I tend to have those days as well. When it rains, it seems to pour. Doesn't it? Thinking of you and wishing you have a better week. Talk soon. Miss you girl!

BTW... Did you know Missy had another baby... Another BOY!

8:21 PM, March 17, 2009
strivingforsunshine said...

What a bummer all the way around. I hate hate those kind of days.

3:16 PM, March 18, 2009

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ►  2011 (33)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ▼  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ▼  March (4)
        • What's up this Sunday?
        • Who?
        • Just Venting
        • Sunday Thoughts
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ►  March (9)
      • ►  February (9)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ►  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  April (5)
      • ►  March (6)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top