Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

Politics! Ugh!

Posted by tina at 11/04/2008 05:41:00 PM
I am not a fan of politics. I rarely pay much attention, sadly. I should, but I just don't make time for paying much attention. There are things that I do write in to senators/representatives while I am at work, if there's an issue that is bad for business owners. As far as personal issues, I don't find a lot of the major issues in the news that affect my daily life through which I am trying to wade. I am thinking that the older I get and the more I try to raise a family, maybe there are issues to which I should pay attention.

On this election night, for the disinterest that I normally have towards politics, I can't really peel myself away from the TV news coverage of the election.

I do find it interesting how many more registered voters are turning out this election. It's great. I have to wonder why. Are there more just because there is an African American running? Becacuse there's a female VP candidate? Just interesting. When it's two older white guys, people just kind of roll over and go back to sleep. Now, there's someone different people wake up and join the party. Odd. Just odd to me. I hope that people are really investigating what the candidates are about before voting and not vote for one just because of race or gender or age. I am a little afraid that there are many new registered voters who are only looking at one of those three factors however.

We'll see.
UPDATE: So, I think that the reason that I don't really get involved in politics because I really can't seem to understand how the country can call an election, can call a state when there is 1% or even 5% of the precints reporting. It must be about mathematics and what is possible. If you can win big cities, that outweighs the rest of the state. There sure is a lot of red on the map and when you drill down into the states, there is even more red in the counties within. Also, "they" say that every vote counts. Well, how can that be? If you are in line when the polls close, you are still allowed to vote. Well, about 8:02pm PST, when it's announced that Obama has been "projected" to win the electoral vote in the western states, why would you keep standing in line to vote. I am confused. So, this is why I really don't stress about politics, I really don't take a lot of time to pay attention to politics. It's just not making sense to me. I am also a little tired about how racial the election has become. We can continue to say it's not about race, but that's all that's on the news right now, so that leads me to believe that race is a big factor in this election.
OK, enough.

1 comment:

Ann On and On... said...

I was asking the same questions as you. I was also annoyed that the media continually talked about what Sarah was wearing. Who cares? I am not a big political follower. I just wanted to see the best person become President. What if we were only able to hear their voices and not the face....? I am happy to see the diversity but I truly hope that people voted for the best man/woman. This being said after the results is futile but I wanted to comment just the same. Your blog was well written and I look forward to reading more. Thanks! Feel free to check mine out... I am new, still finding my niche and would welcome feedback.

12:52 PM, November 09, 2008

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ►  2011 (33)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ►  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ▼  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ▼  November (3)
        • Kung Fu Invitational
        • Just because . . .
        • Politics! Ugh!
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ►  March (9)
      • ►  February (9)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ►  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  April (5)
      • ►  March (6)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top