
So, I am not totally motivated for blogging (if you haven't noticed). It's just nice weather out and I really have other stuff to do apparently. I have some things I could write about, but just no motivation to do it. I apologize if you are really trying to keep up with what we are doing in our live through this blog. Every time you see the same old post for weeks, you can think how much we must be enjoing life (away from the computer) and be happy! :)I do have some pictures that will get posted on ShutterFly - flowers from our yard, afternoon at the river, photos with grandparents, hummingbirds . . . Iwill try to finish that tomorrow (Wed).
For memorial day weekend, we went first to get haircuts for the boys (all 3) at Brian's Barber Shop - great haircuts for a great family deal price. We stayed the night at gramp & gram Livingston's house Thursday night. We got up Friday morning and started making our way toward my grandparents - Great Grandpa & Great Grandma in the mountains - up near Colville. We went out to the new Cabela's in Post Falls, ID. That wasn't all that special, I didn't think. The boys had a good time at the shooting gallery though and Neil has been enjoying fudge. We stayed with my grandparents two nights. We had to take off for a bit on Saturday to get the boys out of the house, so we went to the city park in Colville. For being memorial day weekend, that town was ghostly - apparently everyone leaves that town for holidays. Many of the downtown shops were closed - crazy. So, we let the boys run around at the park for quite a while. Paden threw up his cheesy pringles after too much time on the merry-go-round. NICE! Luckily it was on the grass near a tree where I was sitting and it didn't get on me or him. It was toward the of the time at the park anyway, so we left after that and left the puke behind! We went back to my grandparents for a home cooked meal - love going there! Simple, but good food!
We came home on Sunday - stopped by our friends (Perez family) in the Tri Cities. It's always good to see them. We enjoy visiting with them! We love having time at home too, so we got home early evening on Sunday (like before 6pm, I think). We tried to keep the boys up on Sunday night thinking they would sleep in on Monday (yeah for holidays), but no such luck. Gunnar went to sleep after 10pm and woke up at 6am. What is up with that? Paden didn't sleep in either. So, we were up and ready for the day pretty early. We actually had to stall for a while before we went out to work in the yard since we didn't think our neighbors would appreciate lawn mowing at 7am - we waited until 8:30am. We worked in the yard. We got some stuff cleaned up - weeds, cardboard, etc. The side of our house, which no one really sees (not even us most of the time) was kind of impassable because of boxes, hoses and a pile of wood - so we (meaning I) cleaned that all up and that was very satisfying to accomplish that task! Neil mowed the front and back and cleaned up the flowers a bit. It's all looking beautiful. We've never had a real yard before, so this is all new for us. It was pretty fun to come home Sunday afternoon and see what new flowers bloomed. We have a lot! I documented quite a few individual flowers on ShutterFly. I wanted to take a yard picture today, but didn't get around to it - maybe tomorrow.
So, here's a couple of preview pics from the last weekend. I guess my grandma has any pictures that might contain my husband. (Sorry love, you didn't make the blog today, but I still love you!)

A story about my grandma's hummingbirds. We (meaning Neil) took over 100 pictures of my grandma's hummingbirds. They were amazing. There are at least 10 or 12 hummingbirds that hang out at the house. There is a hummingbird feeder right off the poarch that you can see from the living room and dining room. There are CONSTANTLY birds eating there. SERIOUSLY. CONSTANTLY. It's crazy. The birds go through the entire feeder in a day. So, I tried to pick out a good picture of the 100+ that we have. It's hard to choose. Neil went right to the feeder to take pictures and they almost landed on the camera. They really don't care if you stand there by them. That is not characteristic of any other hummingbirds I have seen. We have 3 that come to our house like once a week . . . maybe more, I don't know b/c I am not here all day. Anyway, it was pretty cool to watch the birds. I'll put the rest of the good pics on ShutterFly (maybe tomorrow).
Anyway, that's it for tonight. It only took like FOREVER to get the pictures off my camera and so no more writing, downloading, uploading - it's just too much already! TTFN!
No comments:
Post a Comment