Part of me wonders if it's really worth the time to blog. Part of me wishes I would do it more often. So, tonight I am on the "do it more often" side. Tonight, Paden was reading through the blog and looking at old pictures and Gunnar and Fischer joined in. They had a good time recalling different events. So, even if no one else reads this, I suppose it is all worth it for the kids to have something to help them remember different events in our lives. So, I read through a lot of of blog posts. I read a lot of good stuff. I am glad I documented.
So, although I am tired and don't have much to say tonight, I am going to figure out how to get some more blogging in.
I did make 8 new cards yesterday, so if anyone is in need of baby shower cards or birthday cards, feel free to buy them from me. :-) Just kidding, I have really only ever sold one card to a co-worker and I wouldn't have taken the money from her if she hadn't forced me. Felt good to get some card-making in. Paden wants a blanket made, so I started that tonight. Never mind that the sink is full of dirty dishes. Tomorrow, we will be eating whatever breakfast food doesn't require bowls or spoons; we'll see how well that works. Back to card making, up next some thank you cards I think. Then more birthday cards. I like to have cards on hand for any occasions. Christmas cards? Eh, well, maybe. I am thinking that Shutterfly photo cards are the way to go again this year. I have never really gotten in the groove to mass produce the same card over and over and get them addressed to family and friends in time for a certain holiday. Pretty much happened once . . . with our wedding invitations nearly 12 years ago . . . and I had help then. ;-)
Well, folks, if you didn't already know . . . we bought an embroidery machine. (Yes, this is random paragraph posting night). So, our business, DeadRock Sporting Goods, LLC is a full-production shirt making biz. We can do screen printing, heat press and embroidery. Neil does all the screen printing, I do most of the heat pressing (well, cutting of designs/names) and we both can run the embroidery machine (he better than I, but still). So, we are doing pretty well at this little business. Soon, we'll have a website up; it's started, but not finished. Since I quit Facebook, I'll have to ask my few faithful readers to help us out and get our web site posted to the masses once it's finished, so stay tuned. It's good. It keeps Neil busier than just substitute teaching at the school. It is something that the boys can learn to do and take over if they want some extra cash as they grow up and it pays for us to take a vacation here and there - maybe next time we'll actually take the kids. Is that really called vacation if you have to take your children? Or is there another word for that "seemed-like-a-good-idea-at-the-time, chaotic, road trip"?
Abruptly end randomness here . . .
© Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
brought to you by Smashing Magazine
No comments:
Post a Comment