New routine. Instead of trying to rush through reading scriptures at 7:30am during breakfast, we decided that 6:00am when everyone wakes up would be better. So far, so good as far as the scripture reading goes. This will work out better, as Neil usually has to be at work at 7:15am.
So, ahead of schedule this morning, we were going to leave the house at 7:40am. Can. NOT. find. my. car. keys!!! What the crap. Really? I looked everywhere for 20 minute leaving some parts of the house looking like a tornado ripped through (at least now the rest of the house looks consistent). So, I got a hold of Neil at the school, which is luckily only a couple of blocks from my house. He sweet-talked the Vice Principal of the school (who actually is a friend of ours) to bring me his key to the van. My boys have perfect attendance so far this year. We got the key and made it out the door at regular time we do - 8am - and the boys were not late. The other good news is that I wasn't late for training I was facilitating in Paterson. I was freaking out though - not pretty.
I stopped at the Dollar Tree on the way back to work from Paterson to pick up a few things for the QA lab and for my at home foot soak. For some reason, instead of getting a basket I decided to drop the ribbon 57 million times as I was looking at stuff. Something was just not right there. Get a basket! Duh.
I came home after a day at work where I didn't really get anything off my to do list, only got things added - typical Monday, I suppose. I decided that I was going to make cookies and try to drop them off for the ladies that I am assigned to visit teach. I am not great at making monthly visits. I am not 100% sure how the heck today is April 30th and I went out visiting one month ago. So, I was making cookies, it was going pretty well. The old, tired kitchen aid only spun the bowl off it's base one time. I baked the first batch on our giant cookie sheet - 30 cookies. They spread out all over the place including hitting the back of the oven. So, not sure what happened there other than I am not the pro cookie maker that my husband and father in law are.
So, what did I do - make another batch - the same way I just made the first one. What happened? Pretty much same thing. They spread out, just put less on the sheet. The first batch was under cooked. The second batch was overcooked. They tasted alright - just didn't look right and they were definitely not worthy to send out to people that I want to still like me. By that I mean, I couldn't get them off the sheet in ANY recognizable manner.
Neil comes home and politely asks what happened. Yeah, I screwed them up, I know. He politely mentioned that maybe, just maybe, I didn't have enough flour. Yep - I didn't get a college degree in math; it was the touchy-feeley stuff I learned about back a million years ago. I am not sure I ever scored well in Home Ec.
So, I also don't think my boys ate a real dinner - likely just cookie dough. I don't know. Gunnar decided to go play with his friends during that time.
I did finish a couple of chores, but quickly just felt lazy after seeing everything else that needed to be done.
It just seemed to be like a not-so-good Monday.
Moral of the story (i.e., my lesson learned): Don't skip church for the heck of it. Monday is much worse that way. So, Fischer did throw up Saturday middle of the night, but he was fine Sunday morning. I suppose we still should have made our way. Neil went; he's the good one?! Yep, he is. :-) He found the keys in the piano.
3 comments:
Oh Tina, that's so funny! The keys were IN the piano? Funny!
I can remember the day that I realized skipping church just wasn't worth it. I thought it was just me that had to learn that!
Hope the rest of the week is smoother!
ha I got a chuckle out of this! Sure do miss you!
Don't beat your self up :) If Fisher threw up the night before you had to stay home. 24 hours and all that..... But I'll fully admit to being traumatized by a truly nasty bug Cedar caught at Sarah's house when she was really little. I'm still working on forgiving the germ sharing parent in that case. It was a really, really awful bug.
Post a Comment