Ever try to write a blog post while being attacked by a munchkin? It's quite humorous actually. That kid has been on a sugar high for about 68 hours. When will we recover? Soon, I hope. I did put the rest of the candy up in the pantry out of sight. I hope that will help. He has eaten quite a few little oranges as well, but the sugar is still winning.
My mom was able to come spend Christmas with us. It was awesome. The boys went to sleep pretty easily & quickly after we watched their Portable North Pole messages from Santa. Gunnar claims he doesn't remember, but about 10:30pm after Neil and I had just gone to bed Gunnar got down out of his bed. Luckily, their door is very squeaky. I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter. As soon as I opened the door, he scrambled back up to his top bunk.
At about 4:10am, Gunnar woke up and came in to see if he could go downstairs. "No, Gunnar, it's 4:10AM! Go back to bed," I mumble. "But don't we wake up normally at 3:30am?" Gunnar asked excitedly. "No, Gunnar . . . 6:30am." Gunnar sighed and returned to his bed. About 5:54am Paden and Fischer both woke up. It was no stopping them then. Fischer didn't know what was going on, but was doing his normal screaming for something to drink. Luckily, he was easily distracted by the presents.
I really thought this year was going to be pretty low key. Santa did well. He brought Gunnar and Erector set (could be found at Costco, I heard). He brought Paden the new Donkey Kong Country Returns for the Wii. He brought Fischer a ride-on toy four-wheeler (foot powered). He also brought them all a 105-piece, four-drawer, tool chest . . . to share. I love that Santa went easy on the stockings - a little candy and a key chain flash-light. The grandparents, on the other hand . . . well, we are so thankful for the grandparents. :) They did their job, well.
Grandma with the puppies made some fabulous hats for each of the boys. They love them. They will be wearing them anytime they leave the house, I am sure. Grandpa & Grandma Livingston scored big with the Snuggies! Thanks! WE ALL love them. They are really warm. I can see how we are going to struggle with sharing on those babies.
So, it's the day after Christmas and we've accomplished so much. Gunnar finished his first car built with his Erector set. It's pretty awesome. Paden has gotten to the last level on his new game. (Don't think he's that great, he cheats.) Fischer . . . well, Fischer has eaten most of Gunnar's candy, decided he really likes Coca-Cola Classic (caffeine free, of course) and expended the most amount of energy of anyone in the house (probably more than all of us combined). We made caramel corn today, so flippin' tasty! We made M&M cookies, using Fischer's candy (trying to use that up). My dining room floor got cleaned - thanks, Mom! I haven't tried out my Christmas present yet, but I so would have, had my mom not beat me too it. She bought us a Shark Steam mop thing. It looks like a much better design than the monster one we got last year that has had broken handle for the last 6 months.
Tomorrow . . . laundry and wal-mart . . . sounds like a grand plan. The boys have gift cards to spend. That should be exciting to see what kind of crap, I mean great stuff, they come home with.
So, it's almost bed time. I suppose I should be a good mom and make sure the little tummies are full of something not in the junk food group before bed. These pictures are repeat from FB, but they are the best ones of the few I took yesterday.
PS - I just had an epiphany . . . upload pictures before putting words to your post. I am not sure I have not thought of that before!!! It just took me about 10 minutes to get the pictures where I wanted them.




No comments:
Post a Comment