Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

It's been three weeks

Posted by tina at 6/13/2009 10:23:00 PM
Well, well, well . . . here it's been three weeks since Fischer was born and I had every intention of updating this blog and its few readers on how the baby is doing. I can't believe it's been three weeks already. It's gone by fast I believe and that is freaking me out. That means I have to return to work in 5 weeks and that is freaking me out even more!

So, baby Fischer is doing great. He's gaining weigh and growing like a weed! He's grown already 1 inch in length as of a few days ago and he's several ounces over his birth weight. He had lost nearly a pound in the first 3 days after he was born, but he's doing great now.

Here's a couple of pictures. Sure is hard to photograph an infant. If I lived in Utah, I would definitely do two things - have my friend Leslie's sister, Erin, photograph my family AND I would take photography class from her! But, alas, I am not in Utah and so I am on my own with my fancy camera that I don't know how to use in other than "auto" mode.


This picture was taken last week when I was going to do a "It's been two weeks" post.

Three weeks old today- so sweet while sleeping.


Striking a pose

In other news, we did get our garden planted and it's doing well so far. We "lost" a few things, but for our first real garden, I think it's good. We had our first harvest today. Two radishes. Neil went out checked it and saw that a radish plant started to go to seed, so he decided to pull it out and check it. There were two right next to each other, so they both came out. One was a regular red radish and the other was this:


It's a watermelon radish, I think is what it's called. They grow between 2 and 4 inches and they have a pinkish-red flesh inside. The white part is really strong to eat, but the red part is good. Maybe you aren't supposed to eat the white part, kind of like you aren't supposed to eat the watermelon rind. We aren't real experts on what we planted. We planted some fun stuff - popcorn, rainbow colored carrots, purple potatoes, watermelon radishes, tumbling tom yellow tomotoes (cherry tomotoes), mr stripey tomatoes and some corn that I can't recall what it's called, but the kernals are white and yellow. The boys picked out most everything. We did plant some pickling cucumbers, but only two plants emerged, so we'll see how many pickles we'll really get. We planted some peas, canalope and watermelon as well. Everything seems to be doing well so far.

Alrighty then, I am sleepy and I know as soon as I lay down, the baby will be waking up for his bednight snack. What was I thinking?

3 comments:

Kelley said...

He sure looks pretty comfy in those pictures. Thanks for sharing. I was beginning to wonder how things were going. Looks like baby is good. Hope you are hanging in there too! :)

10:20 PM, June 13, 2009
strivingforsunshine said...

Looks Great!

7:56 AM, June 14, 2009
Darla said...

Tina,
The time does fly doesn't it.. Enjoy every minute. He is absolutely adoreable.. Nice work on the garden.. I've kept my flowers alive & 3 tomato plants & trust me tha is a huge success *lol*
Take care.. love the post

Darla

4:38 PM, June 17, 2009

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ►  2011 (33)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ▼  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ▼  June (5)
        • Rock & Roll Brothers
        • Bike Ride
        • What's up with . . .
        • It's been three weeks
        • Ode to Max the Dog
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ►  March (9)
      • ►  February (9)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ►  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  April (5)
      • ►  March (6)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top