Blue Orange Green Pink Purple
We try to live, laugh & love . . . 'cuz that's what it's all about!

Long time no BLOGGIN

Posted by Anonymous at 10/07/2007 06:12:00 PM
So, we don't have internet at our house right now. We've had our house for sale since June 11th. No offers. We live in a kind of dumpy house (sorry Ann, but you know it's not so nice!). It's starting to get cold. There are two old wall heaters, one in the "master" bedroom and one in the utility room. They look extremely dangerous and we don't dare to turn them on, plus they are in the way back of the house, so they wouldn't really be effective. The electrical is pretty scarey in the house anyway, so even if the heaters looked safer, I would still be scared to use them. We have not had a stove to cook on all summer. It's starting to get annoying. We've survived so far, but it's getting old. We have used a camp stove a couple of times to boil big pots of water. We have an electric frying pan, microwave, and electric griddle in addition to the BBQ. It's been OK and we have eaten some real meals, just not everyday!

Gunnar started Kindergarden. He really likes it and we are very happy so far with the teacher and the curriculum. I must be old or something, but I don't remember kindergarden to be so academic. All I remember about my own kinder experience is story time and play time and recess. Anyway, kinder in our town is all day. The first couple of days he was pretty tired when school was out, but now he's good. He is doing really week. We had school pictures this last week and I was pretty scared because Gunnar really doesn't like to have his picture taken. I wrote the teacher a note that if Gunnar started throwing a fit to not worry about it. She left us a note back that said he took a very nice picture. So, anyway that was nice.

So, we do have some news. A while back, I was invited to send in my resume for a job in American Falls, ID. So, I did. I got an interview and was going to get send for a second interview there. Some stuff happened and in the end I was offered a job in Boardman, Oregon. So, we are moving. I have to be at my new job on the 15th. It's been such a roller coaster the last three weeks. If there are any family members that have not heard this news yet, I apologize - it's just been kind of crazy and I have a hard time keeping track of life in general. We found a house in Boardman - ONE. Luckily, the sellers accepted our offer, but we do need to wait until our house sells to have the down payment. It will all work out in the end - probably take a couple of months before we can get to the closing process, but at least its a HOUSE. It's a pretty nice, well-kept, well-mainicured lawn, fenced yard, etc. It's 3 bed, 2.5 bath with a family room separate from the living room and a forma dining in addition an eat-in area off the kitchen. We'd hope for a 4th room, but the family room was more important than that! So, we're pretty excited. The job is basically the same, but more money, better benefits, better career opportunities, etc. It's going to be good. I am really, really sad to leave many people that I work with and family that is close. I never knew how many people appreciate the work I do at my job, but I have had a lot of people tell me that they appreciate me and some have said, "why are you leaving us?", some have said to call me when I get there and they will follow me. It's been nice to know I have done a good job for the most part. I think that the girls that work for me are still in denial and that's what breaks my heart the most! I hope they know how much I love them and I will miss them forever! I will also miss my "baby" the Toy Drive that I have been coordinating for the last 4 years. I will be back for the shopping this year and some one asked me to still make the Christmas Party invitations because she loves my cards! Wow, it's hard to leave. I am excited for the new opportunity.

So, I guess I should get going. I have no pictures with me today, since I am not at home! I have some good ones of the boys to post - next time. Hopefully, in a couple weeks, we'll be settled some place - well I guess it will be more like a couple months and we couldn't be more excited to get into a real house. For those who have been to our "house" you can probably understand how we feel!

Ta Ta For NOW!!
Labels: update

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I just heard not long ago from Troy that you guys were moving! I'm excited for you and all the positive things associated with that, but we'll miss you. And hey, are you still going to the retreat in November? I hope so!

2:39 PM, October 08, 2007

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

At Our House

    • .
  • Our Family Photos on Shutterfly

    • Click here for our photos

    My Blog List

    • A Day in the Life of the Roy Fam
      The Sweetest Gift
    • BLOG-ography
      Sunday Evening Post
    • bloggin mom
      Happy Birthday Maverick!!!
    • Curly Crafter
      Kata Kata Motivasi
    • erin summerill { THE SUMMERILL SURF }
      Bart The Cat your Life
    • Granola in a Different Bowl
      Field Trip For Me
    • Khea & Justin (Private)
    • Much Ado About...Nothing
      This Mom Thing. #BecauseofHim
    • Multiple Hats
      Blogging Restitution
    • Nikki and Danny
      Chicken Bacon Cream Cheese Wreath
    • our simple life
    • padey's blog
      school is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Pyles of Clutter
      Feelings of fall...
    • rasberries and rocks
      This crazy world of parenting
    • Retired in Sunland!
    • Terry Pyle
      Matthew 3; Mark 1; Luke 3
    • That girl ain't right...
      Andy Guessed It!
    • the AWESOME Megan
      The Lucky One
    • The Country Life of MoJo
      Family Conversation
    • The Gonzalez Family
      I know I know it's been 4ever!
    • The Life
      The one where my life changed.
    • The Neighbor's Blog
      Family, We're in This Together
    • Trumpet House Tales
      Thoughts
    • Weston & Emmerson
      Christmas

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2013 (6)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ►  2012 (18)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (1)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (2)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  February (1)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ►  2011 (33)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (4)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (6)
      • ►  January (6)
    • ►  2010 (15)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  October (1)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  June (1)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (1)
      • ►  March (1)
      • ►  January (1)
    • ►  2009 (39)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (5)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (4)
      • ►  February (7)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2008 (57)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (5)
      • ►  August (2)
      • ►  July (3)
      • ►  June (3)
      • ►  May (4)
      • ►  April (6)
      • ►  March (9)
      • ►  February (9)
      • ►  January (9)
    • ▼  2007 (37)
      • ►  December (7)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ▼  October (1)
        • Long time no BLOGGIN
      • ►  August (1)
      • ►  July (2)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  April (5)
      • ►  March (6)
      • ►  February (8)
      • ►  January (4)
    • ►  2006 (16)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (1)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (2)
      • ►  August (4)
      • ►  May (3)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  February (1)
    • ►  2005 (5)
      • ►  December (3)
      • ►  November (2)

    Who's Been Here?





    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top