On this day of Valentine's last year, I had gone to work with an awful cold, accompanied by a terrible cough. I felt terrible. I was pregnant, due on March 6th. I was huge in the front (probably in the back too, but I couldn't see back there!). So, I remember going into work with Valentine's treat bags for all the girls in my office. I walked around trying not to cough on them and while I was handing them out I was saying, "Please don't talk to me today, I am sick." My throat hurt pretty bad and I sounded terrible. I probably wouldn't not have said what I did had I known I wouldn't be back the next day. I had sent tons of emails out to everyone getting things wrapped up and taken care of. It was a strange instinct, I guess. I left at 1:00pm. Gunnar was actually at Neil's parents and I asked them if they would mind bringing him home to Wenatchee later in the afternoon so I could go home and take a nap. They agreed because they are super helpful like that. So, I went home and tried to take a nap. Neil teased me later on that night about having the baby that night and I said, "No! I am not ready. Well, physically, I was but not mentally." So at about 2am, I woke up with a "stomach ache". For about 2 hours the "stomach ache" would not go away. By 6am, we decided it was not a stomach ache and went to the hospital. At 9am, Paden Neil Livingston was born. He was 7 pound 14 ounces. What a sweet baby. I was crying because it was happening so fast and I really was mentally freaking out. So, now I am mentally freaking out again because it's been ONE YEAR since this memory. Paden's birthday is tomorrow and I am completely amazed how time flies. Paden is walking, he started at least a month ago. He's already had to get stiches (three of them) by his eyebrow about two weeks ago because he's not been walking long and crashed into the metal bed frame with his head! So, that was exciting. He's kind of got a little temper when he doesn't get his way. He's pretty funny though and a very special boy.
One Year Old!
Posted by
Anonymous
at
2/14/2006 09:22:00 PM
On this day of Valentine's last year, I had gone to work with an awful cold, accompanied by a terrible cough. I felt terrible. I was pregnant, due on March 6th. I was huge in the front (probably in the back too, but I couldn't see back there!). So, I remember going into work with Valentine's treat bags for all the girls in my office. I walked around trying not to cough on them and while I was handing them out I was saying, "Please don't talk to me today, I am sick." My throat hurt pretty bad and I sounded terrible. I probably wouldn't not have said what I did had I known I wouldn't be back the next day. I had sent tons of emails out to everyone getting things wrapped up and taken care of. It was a strange instinct, I guess. I left at 1:00pm. Gunnar was actually at Neil's parents and I asked them if they would mind bringing him home to Wenatchee later in the afternoon so I could go home and take a nap. They agreed because they are super helpful like that. So, I went home and tried to take a nap. Neil teased me later on that night about having the baby that night and I said, "No! I am not ready. Well, physically, I was but not mentally." So at about 2am, I woke up with a "stomach ache". For about 2 hours the "stomach ache" would not go away. By 6am, we decided it was not a stomach ache and went to the hospital. At 9am, Paden Neil Livingston was born. He was 7 pound 14 ounces. What a sweet baby. I was crying because it was happening so fast and I really was mentally freaking out. So, now I am mentally freaking out again because it's been ONE YEAR since this memory. Paden's birthday is tomorrow and I am completely amazed how time flies. Paden is walking, he started at least a month ago. He's already had to get stiches (three of them) by his eyebrow about two weeks ago because he's not been walking long and crashed into the metal bed frame with his head! So, that was exciting. He's kind of got a little temper when he doesn't get his way. He's pretty funny though and a very special boy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
© Copyright At Our House. All rights reserved.
Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
brought to you by Smashing Magazine
No comments:
Post a Comment